New balls, please!


09 October 2023
Dog recovers after swallowing two tennis balls!

Cross-breed Loki is recovering after emergency surgery to remove two tennis balls from his stomach. The five-year-old dog was rushed to Wolverhampton PDSA Pet Hospital when he refused to eat and started being sick.

After X-rays revealed the cause of the blockage, vets were able to remove both balls intact. PDSA vet Catherine Burke said that tennis balls can get stuck at the back of a dog’s throat, causing them to choke, or blocking their airway. She added that the abrasive felt layer of these balls can have a sandpaper-like effect, wearing down canine teeth over time and causing pain and difficulty chewing.

Content continues after advertisements