1. Fleas can jump extremely high to reach your furry friend: a whopping 30cm - that's 150 times their own size. That's the equivalent of a human jumping over St Paul's Cathedral!
2. Fleas are also incredibly strong, and can pull 160,000 times their own weight! This explains why they're so good at clinging on to your canine!
3. What might come as a surprise to you is that fleas don't have ears and are virtually blind! Instead, they have tiny hairs and antenna on their body which can be used to detect vibrations and movements, so they don't have any trouble finding your pet!
4. Fleas are also big drinkers! They can manage up to 140 per cent of their own body weight in blood. This is why it is so important to treat your pet, to keep these pesky critters at bay!
5. Fleas love warmth, that's why they choose to bury themselves in your pet's coat! Be sure to sure to regularly deflea your pet to avoid them making themselves at home!