Available in large or small, our high quality, black metal standard dog tag can fit up to five lines (four recommended on the smaller version), and comes complete with ring attachment to fit onto your dog’s collar.
The large size is suitable for medium to large dogs (Cocker Spaniel and above), and the smaller version ideal for toys and smaller terriers, such as Border Terriers, Maltese, and Yorkies. We can engrave anything you like, though to adhere to UK law, a dog identification tag should have your (owner’s) initial/surname, with your address (house number and postcode). We strongly advised a contact telephone number.
What is the UK law on dog tags?
- Any dogs found without ID tags displaying their owner's name and address (including postcode), can be fined up to £5,000.
- By law you do not have to include a contact phone number but it is strongly advised.
- It is generally agreed that including the dog's name is not recommended.
- Micro-chipping your pet is also a legal requirement, however, this is not a substitute for a proper ID tag.
- There are some exceptions to the ID tag law, for example; dogs used by customs or armed forces, sporting dogs or pest control, herding cattle, guide dogs and dogs used for emergency rescue work.
Our special £3.99 price includes postage and is available to all Your Dog Members!