With Easter celebrations just around the corner, Natures Menu, the UK’s leading expert in raw and natural pet food, has shared a delicious recipe to help our furry friends enjoy the Spring festivities.
While most of us will be indulging on chocolate this Easter, it’s important to remember that chocolate is poisonous to dogs and should be kept out of reach from pets! To ensure our beloved dogs don’t miss out on the foodie delights at Easter time, Melanie Sainsbury, Veterinary Education Manager at Natures Menu, has shared a tasty treat that’s perfect for our canine companions – a feast in just five steps!
Canine Easter Cakes
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ¼ cup of apple sauce
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Natures Menu Lamb & Chicken Real Meaty Treats
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, carrots, baking powder, egg, apple sauce and olive oil together until the dough has the consistency of playdough.
- Use easter-shaped cookie cutters to create individual treats.
- Evenly space out on baking paper and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Once cooked, place a Natures Menu Lamb & Chicken Real Meaty Treat on top as a finishing touch and bon-a-pet-treat!
Melanie Sainsbury, Veterinary Education Manager at Natures Menu, said:
“The Easter period is always full of chocolate, however, it’s important to remember that just one bite of chocolate can prove fatal for dogs. It’s down to the toxic ingredient called theobromine, a naturally occurring chemical found in cocoa beans, which can cause kidney failure, seizures and even death.
“The Canine Easter Cakes are the perfect alternative for your dog this year, and with everyone spending more time at home, why not spend your time whipping up some tasty Spring snacks? Using Natures Menu Lamb & Chicken Real Meaty Treats also ensures that your pet is getting a balanced and nutritious snack, without the artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.”
For 40 years, Natures Menu has been creating 100% real, wholesome pet food that is packed full of naturally nourishing ingredients. Natures Menu believes that dogs deserve real, wholesome food, free from artificial colours and flavourings to satisfy our pets nutritional needs, providing them with a healthy diet, packed full of pure and natural goodness.
For more information visit: https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/