Did you know? It takes a rise of just two degrees centigrade in body heat for a dog to show symptoms of heat stroke and dehydration?
You and your dog can keep your cool with these top tips from Oralade...
- Keep your home cool; draw curtains/blinds and keep the sun out.
- Invest in a fan to circulate cool air.
- Add ice cubes to your dog’s water bowl, and refresh this regularly.
- Freeze a Kong stuffed with banana for a natural cooling treat.
- Keep your dog indoors. Play interactive games to stop boredom setting in.
- Walk your dog early in the morning and later in the evening. Stay in the shade and avoid the midday sun.
- If you have a garden, invest in a paddling pool and play some water games.
- Invest in a collapsible water bowl, and always take water with you wherever you go.
- Apply natural sunscreen lotion to your dog’s ears and areas without much hair to protect against harmful rays.
- Prepare frozen ice cube treats using Oralade Hydrate+, for irresistible cooling bites.
Oralade is the maker of Hydrate+, a hypotonic drink for dogs containing essential electrolytes, glucose, and prebiotics to maintain optimum digestive function.